Thursday 19 October 2017

Fishing adventure

Fishing Adventure


On Friday
4/09/2017
Dad and I went to go fishing on the slippery green boulders by the port and we were in the car on our way .

When we were in
the car I asked dad something “Dad could I have a look at the maori fishing calendar”

(the Maori fishing calendar is a app that you can look at before you go fishing anywhere).

You have to put the pinpoint where you are fishing and if you go back it will say poor, good or excellent.

It will also say the date and you have to put the month and the year it is to and so i had a look at the maori fishing calendar and it said it was poor fishing.

But dad forgot to put the pinpoint onto where we are fishing.
(which was by the port on the slippery rocks.)

After that we were there I was not excited any more like I was at home before we left to go fishing.
When we were walking over to our fishing spot we saw a guy on the slippery boulders with some berley.

(berley is a sort of bait that you just chuck into the water and attracts the fish).

And he also had a spear.
(and a spear is something that you use to stab fish with and it can be extended to make it longer or it will already be long enough when you buy it)

So Dad walked over and asked him “have you had any luck today” and the man said no because with a spear you don't get as much luck as a fishing rod.

When dad and I were on the slippery boulders, we started to bait up.
I was the first one to be baited up and I had my sabiki rig on and dad put the pully rig on his surfcaster and casted it out .

I went down to the boulders and casted my sabiki rig out .
It was dark with the white gleaming moon shining down on us, with my hand in my pocket getting ready to take my torch out.
The rig dived down with bait hanging up  facing the water and floated down.
I could see the rig sinking down like a dead fish with bubbles coming up to the surface like it is giving its life to another fish in heaven  .

After a few seconds I was on, so I reeled it up and it was a small catfish hanging upside down with blood coming out like a vampire had bitten it.
Its gills were flapping around like a sunfish or a stingray swimming in the water.

So after that we chucked it back into the water so someone can catch it again bigger and so we had called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment